As I wrote here, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to use my leftover yarn to knit 12 scarves for the homeless by December 1. Since my last update, I've made three more scarves, scarves 8, 9, and 10.
For this one, I used a basic pattern of knit 4, purl 4, but I moved it over a stitch each row so that it would make these diagonal ridges.
This one combines strips with a knit 1, purl 1 ribbing. The yarn is one of my favorites: Lamb's Pride worsted, which is made in Nebraska and contains 15% mohair, 85% wool.
This one is a basketweave stitch: knit 4, purl 4 for 5 rows. Then I switched the blocks of knit and purl, so that it looked like squares.
I've made progress with the project in another important way. A week ago after Bible study, I told my rector about it and asked his advice about where I should donate the scarves. Our parish makes a meal for a homeless shelter once a month, and he thinks that shelter would be happy to receive the scarves. Then I asked Fr. Clyde if he'd bless the scarves when they are all done, and he said yes. We'll do it after Bible study on night.
So now I have two months to make the last two scarves, and my New Year's resolution will be complete.
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to to repeat this next year or possibly make sweaters for needy newborns instead.